PSEA–Retired: Stay connected
Retiring from your job doesn’t mean you retire from PSEA and the important activities of your union. Whether you’re thinking about retiring in the near future, or are already retired, PSEA-Retired is the best organization for you. PSEA-Retired offers a wealth of programs, activities, and benefits, while keeping you connected to the people and the profession that are so important to you.
- Effective lobbying for retirement benefits
- An unbroken string of services provided to all members by PSEA and NEA, services that can be provided only by the association’s professional staff located in Harrisburg, Washington D.C., and our field offices throughout the state and nation
- Benefits that will easily return your dues investment:
- Automobile insurance
- Automobile loans
- Car rental discounts
- Auto discount program
- Mortgage loans
- Home equity loans
- Personal loan program
- Money market fund account
- Certificates of deposit
- Credit card programs
- Life insurance
- Homeowner’s insurance
- Long-term care insurance
- Vision care insurance
- Dental care insurance
- Travel discount programs
- Lodging discounts
- Theme park discounts
- Cell phones, equipment and calling plans discounts
- A personal legal services program with significant discounts
- Representation in legal cases involving prior employment problems or in legal cases involving the Public School Employees’ Retirement System (PSERS) if you have been a continuous member for the past five years
Most importantly, the dignity that comes from being a part of an active and still growing family of educators.
PSEA-Retired Guarantees Representation
PSEA and NEA are your advocates for the rights of all education employees. Active and retired members are eligible to become active participants in legislative contact and political action teams. Your skills as an experienced professional are crucial to PSEA’s and NEA’s ongoing lobbying efforts to protect critical programs including cost-of-living increases, medical insurance, and increased benefits and options for retirees.
PSEA-Retired members elect their own officers and elect representatives to the PSEA House of Delegates and Board of Directors. PSEA-Retired allows you to remain active in the governance of your association.
PSEA-Retired members receive regular publications designed just for them, including Statement, a quarterly newsletter for retired members that covers key legislative issues, the organizing activities of your Association, and the services and benefits available to you as a member.
Association lobbyists work toward implementing or improving retirement legislation such as:
- Regular and automatic post-retirement cost-of-living increases
- Increased payment toward premiums for supplemental Medicare insurance for eligible retirees
- Access to coverage for all retirees, regardless of age, in a group plan providing medical, major medical and hospitalization insurance
- Restoring proper funding to the Public School Employees’ Retirement System (PSERS) to maintain its financial health
- Other social and economic legislation that has a direct impact on our retired members
Our issues today...
will be your issues tomorrow.