Consistent with Gov. Wolf’s advice, many in-person PSEA events and meetings will be postponed or moved to remote format. Please watch for announcements if you have already RSVP’d for an event.
In addition, all PSEA offices will also be closed beginning Monday, March 16, at 5 p.m. Staff members will work from home and still be available to assist members via cell phone and email. You can reach them at the same phone numbers. Like many other organizations, PSEA and NEA have decided to cancel or postpone certain meetings, conferences, and events out of an abundance of caution in order to guard against the spread of coronavirus.
As medical professionals and government officials have pointed out, avoiding large gatherings is one of the best ways to prevent the spread of coronavirus. So, canceling or postponing certain PSEA and NEA events is a judicious decision and is consistent with this good advice.
PSEA meetings, conferences, and events
The May House of Delegates is POSTPONED.
The PSEA Board of Directors voted on March 25 to postpone the May House of Delegates (May 15-16) due to the COVID-19 emergency.
The House of Delegates will be held in December 2020, and elections scheduled for the May House will be conducted at that time. PSEA will provide updated information about this in the near future.
The following PSEA conferences, meetings, and events are being CANCELLED:
- The Student PSEA Conference and Convention in Erie (April 2-4)
- The Special Education Conference in State College (March 27-28)
- Committee Meeting Weekend (March 27-28) - unless moved to a remote format
- Committee Meeting Weekend (April 3-4) - unless moved to a remote format
The following PSEA conferences are also being POSTPONED and will hopefully be rescheduled soon:
- The PSEA-Retired House of Delegates (April 20-21)
PSEA regional events
- Central-West Region
Central-West HOD: May 6, 2020 – POSTPONED
- Eastern Region
Eastern Region PSEA Scholarship Banquet and Awards Ceremony: April 17, 2020 – CANCELLED
Eastern Region HOD: April 18, 2020 - POSTPONED
- Southwestern Region
All events in SW Region have been POSTPONED until further notice – this includes: HOD, Leadership Conference and any other events
- Midwestern Region
MWR DPS Conference: March 19, 2020 – POSTPONED. Date TBD.
MWR HOD: March 25, 2020 – POSTPONED. Date TBD.
MWR LDC: March 27-28, 2020 – CANCELLED
- Western Region
WR Legislative Breakfast: March 28, 2020 - CANCELLED
WR House of Delegates: April 15, 2020 – POSTPONED
WR Retiree Meeting: April 23, 2020 – CANCELLED
NEA meetings, conferences, and events
The following NEA conferences, meetings, and events are being CANCELLED:
- The National Leadership Summit in Orlando (March 13-15)
- The Higher Education Conference in Orlando (March 12-13)
- The NEA-Retired Conference in Orlando (March 15-16)
- The ESP Conference in New Orleans (March 20-22)
- The Uniserv Training in Seattle (March 23-27)
- NEA/NCSEA Management Collective Bargaining Conference (March 10-11)
The following NEA conferences are being POSTPONED and will hopefully be rescheduled soon:
- The 2020 New Educator Kick-off in Portland, OR (originally March 24-26)
- The Early Career Educator Group Training in Portland, OR (originally March 27-29)
- NCSEA Convening on Teacher Shortages (originally March 30-31)