Home > About PSEA > Join PSEA
The Pennsylvania State Education Association (PSEA) unites and supports 180,000 public school teachers, education support professionals, higher education faculty and staff, health care professionals, students studying to become educators, and retirees.
PSEA bargains compensation and benefits for members, protects your rights, and advocates for your professions. We are a strong voice for public education in Pennsylvania.
Members join a statewide network of individuals with similar struggles, successes and goals. Members are PSEA.
How to Join
- Professional educators and education support professionals - join PSEA by contacting your local association president. Find your local here.
EA and ESP members can also print a PSEA membership form and submit a copy to your association president or membership chair.
Early enrollment now available: Individuals who pledge to become a member for the 2017-18 membership year between April 1 and June 30, 2017, will receive benefits of membership right away but will pay nothing until Sept. 1, 2017. Learn more.
- Retired members can join PSEA-Retired by completing an enrollment form (PDF) or join online.
- College students studying to become teachers can join Student PSEA online.
- Health care professionals can join HealthCare-PSEA by visiting the HealthCare-PSEA website.
- If you work in an educational or health care setting in Pennsylvania and are not represented by a union, contact PSEA's organizing team to learn more about PSEA membership.
Belonging to PSEA and local associations gives members a voice in their salaries, their careers and their jobs. We are stronger and more effective speaking with one voice.
PSEA offers programs and services tailored especially for member needs:
- We make sure you receive fair and equitable treatment in the work place.
- We bargain for better salaries, benefits and working conditions for you.
- We work with elected officials to pass laws, policies and regulations that advance public education and your careers.
- We make sure that your professions receive the respect that they deserve.
- We provide professional development to help you become better at your job, no matter what your profession or how long you’ve been working.