PSEA Webinar: Bullying Prevention - Everyone’s Responsibility
PSEA members are invited to participate in this presentation targeted especially for paraprofessionals.
Tuesday, Dec. 11
6 - 8:30 p.m.
Hosted by PSEA, in partnership with Parent Education Network
Topics will include:
- The impact of bullying behavior and the need for intervention
- Types of bullying, why students bully and how to recognize bullying
- How bystanders impact the issue
- Action steps: How to talk with your child about bullying, how to help your child address bullying, and tips for talking with school staff
- Bullying laws, resources, and methods to bring awareness to the community
- Strategies for record-keeping, reporting, and following through with reports of incidents of bullying
Chapter 14 information
PSEA recommends getting prior approval from your employer when planning to use the training hours for Chapter 14 paraprofessional hour requirements. PSEA will send letters to participants documenting the 2.5 hours.
Register for the webinar: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/316655402
Online registration is required to receive hours. Procedures for receiving Chapter 14 hours will be reviewed during the training.
To participate, you will need a computer with internet access and a speaker or headset.
For additional information
Contact Bernie Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org).