PSEA Celebrating Excellence Awards
Each spring at the PSEA House of Delegates, the Celebrating Excellence Awards honor the recipients of PSEA's Adler Friend of Education Award and PSEA Human and Civil Rights Awards.
The Adler Award goes to an individual who has made outstanding statewide contributions to the field of public education. The Human and Civil Rights Awards are presented to individuals and organizations or associations who have made outstanding contributions to human and civil rights in several criteria.
2015 Awards: Call for nominations
Nominations for the Adler Award and the Human and Civil Rights Awards must be postmarked or received by the President's office on or before December 31, 2014, 4:30 p.m. E.S.T.
Please review Celebrating Excellence Awards criteria before submitting an entry.
2014 Celebrating Excellence Dinner
Individuals and organizations receiving the 2014 Adler Award and PSEA Human and Civil Rights Awards were honored at PSEA's annual Celebrating Excellence Awards Dinner on May 15
Meet the 2014 honorees:
- Adler Friend of Education Award - Jeffrey G. Hawks, Army Heritage Center Foundation, Educ. Dir., National History Day State Coordinator for PA
- Educational Leader Award - Adam Forgie, Woodland Hills Education Association
- Community Leader Award, Individual - Frank Schaefer
- Community Leader Award, Organization - Hazleton Integration Project
- Student Leader Award - Arizona Brennan, Pottsgrove High School
- Local Association Award - Moniteau EA and Moniteau ESP, Dassa McKinney Elementary School
Learn more about the 2014 winners.
About the Awards