Home > Your Profession > Teaching & Learning > Safe Schools
Bullying and Cyberbullying Toolkit
- NEA Today: Educators Take a Stand During National Bullying Prevention Month
With nearly one-third of students reporting being bullied in school and nearly half of adolescents and teens saying they have been bullied online, bullying has reached epidemic levels, especially as some studies connect bullying with suicidal thoughts.
- PSEA Voice: The changing face of bullying and Tips for dealing with today's bullies
Despite its long-time prevalence, bullying has become an increasingly difficult issue facing our schools, teachers, parents, and students, as bullying incidents continue to grow in number and complexity.
- Bully Free: It Starts With Me
NEA, through its Bully Free: It Starts With Me campaign, is asking you to be that caring adult. Just take the pledge - to listen to bullied students who approach you and take action to stop the bullying. In return, NEA will provide you with free resources to help you support these students.
- Rights Watch - Confronting the Bullies
You can be sued personally for money damages if you witness instances of bullying and harassment and fail to act.
- Paraeducators and Student-to-Student Bullying
Tips and strategies for paraeducators on bullying intervention and prevention.
- 6 Tips for Educators When Dealing with Bullying
1. Take complaints seriously.
- The ABCs of Bullying
Tips for parents and educators on how to handle a bully and bullying prevention.
- Myths About Bullying
Rethinking popular beliefs about an age-old problem.
PSEA Bullying Prevention Workshop Resources:
Powerpoint presentation: Bullying Prevention: Dec 2012